Saturday 8 September 2018

Banga Soup Na Love Letter

Write me something tasty
Tell me how you love me
This Delta soul and body
Is hungry, slightly angry


Love, romance and red flowers
Echoes in every chamber
My heart is so in love
And my stomach so in hunger

My gullet groans for the day
My stomach moans for the night
When all will be at peace
When she will get busy with that cooking

I love her sweet perfume
When in a tight embrace
But sometimes I long to sniff
Sweet Banga fumes in her hair


Banga ink free flowing
In starchy fountain pens
Please write love words on my stomach
That wondrous lovers den


True love is made in kitchens
Without a care for nails
Condensing a thousand feelings
Into those crafted  lovely dishes

Air freshener is not refreshing
So far from being romantic
Pure Banga in the air
Is sweet  love and aromatic

My heart’s infatuations
Can’t trickle to my stomach
If she says she loves me dearly
She better write me something tasty

I sulk, next it is ‘what’s the matter?’
But how can I explain?
Delta man’s love language is so mysterious
Banga soup na love letter


Dr Wilson Orhiunu
(Babawilly)
2-12-12





No comments:

Post a Comment